There is a common misconception that selling your home during the holiday season won�t render results. Because of this, many homeowners decide to wait until the holidays are over to put their home on the market. Others who already have their home on the market might choose to take it off the market until after the holidays. But the truth is that you can see very successful results selling your home from November through January, without it dampening your holiday cheer.
Holiday buyers are generally more serious and they tend to know exactly what they are looking for. If they are looking for a home during the holidays, chances are they are very eager to move in for various reasons (for example: if they have children, they likely want to get them settled in and ready to go back to school before their New Year break is over). People can also be eager to move because they are being relocated for a job that starts at the beginning of the New Year.
Just because your house is on the market, doesn�t mean you are required to constantly show it. During the holidays, due to the limited competition, you can likely restrict showings of your home to the times that work best for you without losing any potential prospects. Uploading great pictures and videos of your home can also increase your chance of selling without feeling too invaded during the holidays.
- Decorate! Some people advise against this, but it is perfectly normal and aesthetically pleasing to decorate your home for the holidays. It makes it easier for buyers to picture their future holidays in your space. But, be sure not to go overboard with religious-specific decorations that could distract from your space or offend a potential buyer that may not celebrate the same holidays as you.
- Price to Sell: If you are selling during the holidays, chances are you are eager to get out and they are eager to get in. If you price your home in the low range for the market, buyers will feel especially grateful for the �deal� and the process will move along faster, cutting out the back and forth of negotiating.
- Safety and Appearance: During fall and winter months, walkways and yards tend to become cluttered with debris and snow. Make sure you stay on top of clearing this and any potential ice so your buyer feels comfortable and not unsafe or hassled.
- Turn on the heat! If it is cold outside, guests likely can�t wait to get inside. Make sure the temperature is appropriate and inviting.
- Hire Someone to Help: You want the process of selling your home to disturb your holiday plans and activities as little as possible. Hiring a real estate agent or property company can greatly assists in decreasing the amount of time it takes to sell your home. The Team Edge works efficiently to buy residential property in as little as 20 days if you accept their fast, fair offer with no-hassle closing. Whatever your circumstances are, they are willing to work with you through the holidays to make the process painless.
Ready to sell your Maryland home fast this holiday season with The Team Edge?
If you need to sell any type of property in Maryland, The Team Edge is dedicated to providing you with the best possible home-selling experience. Call our 24/7 hotline today at 443-840-7100 or fill out our quick and easy online application to get started on selling your Maryland �property immediately. No matter the condition of the property, The Team Edge is here with a fair price and fast service. That�s right. Sell your house quick!
Call or contact us online to experience The Team Edge Difference today